I am not one to attend a music festival scene but I was fantasizing about what I'd wear if I was going to one. Despite my lack of ticket and funds to a music festival, here's a festival inspired outfit from yours truly. Easy breezy is the name of the game for me during the summer. I never know what state I'll be in, so wearing something forgiving is a necessity. I spotted this blouse at H&M a couple of weeks ago and didn't even think twice to purchase it. It can be worn two ways, as a blouse or as a kimono top. Now, if only going to work or running errands was like going to a music festival.
I just want to mention how amazed I am with the quality of these photos that were taken with my iphone. We usually take the camera along with us wherever we go, but what is a girl supposed to do when we forget it at home? Iphone! My husband was pretty happy that it took about half the time to take these than it would with our camera. hehe.
Anyway, I've virtually been searching for an A-line skirt to add to my wardrobe and couldn't be more happier when a friend gifted me one. I could be wrong, but I swear that this skirt looks good on every woman regardless of shape. It cinches at the waist yet glides away from the thigh area. Can anyone say Halleluiah. It can't be any more forgiving than this!
Ya call me crazy, but I did end up wearing this outfit to run errands. Some days just call for heels! For an everyday wear, I would pair this skirt with a crop top and a pair of sandals.
Dress: French Connection (loving this one here) | Belt: H&M | Shoes: Denim & Supply (similar ones here on sale!) | Bag: Sammydress
I can't believe it's August already! I look forward to this time of the year than I do over most holidays. It's a close tie with Christmas actually. August is a full a month of celebration for my birthday along with a ton of other family members.
Anyway, here's another quick post to show my most worn piece in July. I hope you enjoy!
1. It's always been the nudes and pale pinks for me when it comes to lipsticks, but for the summer, I've been loving bold lips. I think I've found the perfect shade of orange for my skin tone and it's from Mac Lipstick in Sushi Kiss.
2. There's nothing more that I hate than heavy foundation in humid high heat weather. I can't stand the feeling and there's definitely nothing cute about it. I have always been a big fan of the original Bare Minerals Foundation even during the winter. If you are looking for more coverage, this foundation is definitely buildable in my opinion. Also, I do want to add that I've tried the matte version and I'm not a fan.
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Captivating has been my go to blush for the summer. I think I purchased this on a whim during a shopping trip to Sephora. The packing is adorable and it was probably the main reason why I got it in the first place. They match the shade of the blush! They claim to be a long wearing, fade free blush which appealed to me as well. I don't know about 12 Hours as I don't tend to wear make up for that long anyway. The only way I can describe the texture is that it's hard, and when applied to the cheeks, it feels like you're applying a stain. I will definitely be trying out other shades!
4. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish (Global Glow) has always been a favourite of mine. I can sweep them on top of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and it'll look like I just baked in the sun. Who doesn't love a highlight?
5. I should have started wearing sunscreen at an earlier age but not until recently has it been a part of my skincare routine. Kiehls Sunscreen SPF 50 is the one I'm currently using. It's the first sunscreen I've tried that hasn't broken me out and a little goes a long way.
6. Mascara and the orange lipstick is the perfect combo for the summer. The Loreal Telescopic mascara was recommended to me by my dear sister. I always trust her opinion when it comes to make up! She told me this mascara would make any eyelashes super long and thick so ofcourse I went ahead with the purchase. This exceeded my expectations! I am not even joking when I say that it elongates even my short lashes.
What's your go to summer beauty essentials?
Romper: c/o SheInside (here) | Shoes: Spring | Bag: Zara | Denim Vest: Asos
I do have to say that this is the season for rompers and playsuits for me. It's definitely not time consuming to put together in the mornings. This backless romper is from Sheinside and I think this is the perfect fit as it's not too short and not too tight. They do have quite the selection of rompers in different vibrant colors. I would recommend getting a size up from your regular when buying rompers from their site. I find that wearing rompers that are a little bit looser looks better when it's relaxed over your curves. Easy breezy right?
This is a backless romper but I opted in throwing over a denim vest on top to give it a more modest look. I paired it with nude tie up sandals that was gifted to me a couple years ago. What do you think?
Skirt: c/o Romwe (here in a different colour) | Shoes: Zara (similar here) | Top and Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters | Bag: Bebe (old)
I've been debating on not whether I like the pleated skirt trend. I love the romantic and feminine vibe that it gives but it does give an illusion of an extra size to the hips. I thought that this length would be alright to wear as it shows a little bit of skin to elongate my bottom half. The bright blue colour was ideal for colour blocking but I ended up just wearing this one with a basic white tee. Surprise, surprise. There is so much experimenting that a girl can do with this skirt. Adding texture such as lace top or a floral crop top are just some things that come to mind.
If you are interested in purchasing this skirt, do get it a size bigger than your regular size at Romwe Clothing. Keep in mind that most of their clothes do fit a little smaller than regular. Thanks again, Romwe!